St. Antony’s Shrine, Chapirevula

→ St. Antony’s Shrine, Chapirevula

Chapirevula was a substation of Nandyal Parish. On 2nd June 1997 it was erected into a new parish and was entrusted to the Capuchin Fathers and Fr. Adolph Kannadipara was appointed as the first parish priest. This station was started some 200 years ago by a Catholic by name Mariadas Kottala, a Kilometer away from the present church. The chapel and the house were destroyed in the cyclone of 1951, only statue of St. Antony was saved. It was under the parish of Polur in the beginning and later on it came under Peddakottala. Fr. Kasken MHM, Priest of Peddakottala Parish bought land in Chapirevula for the church and for the catholic families and built the present church in 1955. Fr. Philip extended it to the present size. Later on it came under Nandyal Parish. The new Parish Priest of Chapirevula Fr. Adolph Kannadipara, OFM. Cap. Has built the new parish church and the parish house. The sisters of Servants of Mary have constructed their convent and school at Chapirevula. Devotees of St. Antony come to the chapel on the first Tuesday of every month. Every year the feast of St. Antony is celebrated on June 13 and many devotees from far and near visit the shrine.

Patron                      :   St. Anthony of Padua
Parish Priest            :   Fr. Bala Showry OFM
Asst. Parish Priest   :   Fr. Inna Reddy
Address                    :   St. Anthony’s Church,
                                     Chapirevula P.O. Nandhyal
                                     Kurnool Dt. A.P. - 518 502
Telephone No          :   08514 - 250176
Cell No                    :   9866034059
Back ↵


Address : Bishop of Kurnool
                Bishop's House
                B. Camp, Kurnool - 518 002
                Andhra Pradesh

Phone    : (08518) 27 03 93 (O), 27 68 12 (P)
Fax         : (08518) 27 03 13
E-mail    :